Friday, September 30, 2005

Pass the Whiskey, Please



Ugh. I really wasn't expecting the confirmation of John Roberts as C.J. to leave me feeling so profoundly bummed out. As I watched images of his swearing in pop-up on my computer screen yesterday, waves of nausea overtook me. Be afraid!! Be very, very afraid!! Is it just me, or are these surreal and terrifying times that we are living in? Right now, I only wish that I had some wise, old (and I mean OLD) friend or grandparent in my life- someone who had lived through some seriously heavy s--t - to assure me that society is self-correcting, and that some day soon the pendulum will start to swing in the other direction. SIGH.

On a happy note, last night we played some nice loud music with cousin El in our new living room ('bout time we broke it in). As my wise hubby likes to say, times like these are the reason why God invented rock and roll. The throat's a little scratchy this AM, but it feels good.

As Shakey says, we gotta keep on rockin' in the free world. (We are still free, aren't we?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home