Thursday, March 10, 2005

Meanwhile, Back on Planet Earth...

I am still in my first 24 hours as a blogger, and the wheels keep turning. So much to say, so little time...Back on planet earth, I do have a day job with the Public Defender's office in Philly. No, I don't do criminal work: I am busy trying to save kids from abuse and neglect. Hurray for under-paying public interest jobs! I do love it. Perhaps this forum will assist in my efforts to be a little less zip-lipped about my professional life. The stories that come our way here are often beyond comprehension. I will make an effort to share some along the way; hope you aren't too skittish. It's a rough world out there, and people do crazy and inhuman things to children. So does the Department of Human Services, sometimes, but that is a story for another day.

I tried to include links to the PD's "website," (which doesn't say much - hey we're a non-profit) and to the DHS page, but for some unknown reason, the little green inch-worm guy with glasses who usually hooks up the links does not like the web addresses for either of these entities. So you 'll just have to use your imagination, or ask me lots of questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home