Monday, March 28, 2005

Rainy Days and Mondays...

Life is strange sometimes. Mike and I just spent a very joyous weekend in NYC with our precious little nephew. He generates endless good vibes, and fills us both with such love. We brought him a new toy - a grabby affair called "the O Ball" - which, when spun wildly, sent Oscar into hysterical fits of laughter. (Is there anything cuter than a baby laughing?)

Today, Monday, back in Philly, it is a miserable, rainy day, and I logged onto my favorite Finn fan site to learn that Paul Hester, former drummer from Crowded House, committed suicide over the weekend. On the eve of the Finn Brothers playing three sold-out nights at Royal Albert Hall.

Maybe it's just me, but sometimes the 180 degree turns that life sends our way can be truly disorienting.

1 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em -

When I saw the news about Paul Hester, I thought of you immediately. So very sad.

Glad to know you had a good time in NYC, though. Baby laughter is about the best thing in the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home