Tuesday, January 31, 2006

We Will Survive



By certain standards, this is one depressing day. Alito is now an Associate Justice on the U.S. Supreme Court (shudder), and W. is going to dazzle us tonight with his annual State of the Union address. In true "LOOK AT THE MONKEY!" fashion, I hear King George is gearing up to distract us from the horrors of war with some nonsense about consumer-based health care. Apparently Americans are "over-insured." I mean, really, where do they come up with this s***?

But you know what?? I am just not going to go there. Not tonight. I refuse to waste precious hours of my free time getting whipped into a frenzy about the sad, sad state of affairs in this country.

Why be glum when there is fun stuff like the 2005 Oscar nominations to be enjoying? We are having a great time over at the Balcony, so check us out if you get a chance. It's a nice diversion, really.

So for those of you out there who have been feeling the unbearable weight of being a conscious American citizen lately, I say, please don't despair. Right now things look bleak. But soon, Spring will be upon us, the spirit of renewal will be in the air and we will be gearing up for the mid-term elections, which will hopefully represent the first wave in the turning of the tide. (Just don't ask me to work for Bob Casey, Jr.)

HANG IN THERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home