Thursday, February 09, 2006

With a Mouth Full of Teeth, They Ate All Their Friends



I haven't paid attention to the Grammy Awards in years, and last night was no exception. Still, I was delighted to wake up this morning and see that my boys CLEANED UP in L.A. last night. I don't entirely understand how a record that was released in November 2004 qualifies for a 2005 Grammy, but what the hell. I am so unplugged from the music industry's mainstream, and I have had the impression that hip-hop artists and American Idol-style warblers usually win all the awards, so I take a certain delight in the fact that my middle-aged heroes kicked everyone's butt last night. They deserve all the praise they get, and "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" really IS a masterpiece. Three cheers, then, for my boys, as they head off of the next leg of their seemingly never-ending Vertigo Tour. Come back and see us soon, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home