Saturday, March 12, 2005

The Brother I Never Had Plays a Mean Bass Guitar

My cousin Joel has been a big musical influence on me ever since I was in middle school, when we would exchange letters and cassette tapes of Police rarities (remember when Sting wasn't a complete cheeseball?)

Today I was at the gym, listening to my beloved i-pod on "shuffle," and right after a track from U2's glossy latest, came a track from Joel's band Hindu Rodeo. Joel gives those high-profile, highly-produced Irish chart-toppers a serious run for their money. Joel is an amazing talent who whips up one of the cleanest, catchiest records you will ever hear. I wish Hindu Rodeo was more of a full-time job, and less of a hobby, because God knows the airwaves could benefit from what they have to offer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home