Sunday, March 19, 2006

Greetings from Amsterdam


Here's a first: a travel blog on Beck-a-Rants. Mike and I are spending a week in Amsterdam, and so far, it's been cold but lovely. Mainy things have amazed me so far, but to name just a few: the prominance given to bicycles, and the total lack of deferrence show pedestrians. I was even hit by a bike that wasn't moving today! They are everwhere. And, there are no stop signs. Traffic-wse, it's a bit of a free for all.

Cats and dogs in bars and restaurants. We just finished a few beers at the neighboring brown bar, where there is a resident puddy cat. And we had lunch in the Vertigo cafe in the groundfloor of the Filmmuseum with about six or seven dogs earlier today.

Pay toilets. Wow.

All right, there's only a bit of battery left on the computer. More to follow.

3 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Kate said...

hi kids. love the photos. So glad you are having a good time. I miss you!

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Also, I totally appreciate all of the pictures of flower marts. And those clogs look rad.

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em -

So cool! I didn't know you guys had gone to Amsterdam. I hope you had a great trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home